Letter from Jim:
On behalf of Jim's Steakout, Inc., I want to assure you that in this current environment of uncertainty, the well-being of our employees, customers and the rest of our community remains our highest priority.
We are closely monitoring the situation and following the recommendations of the CDC, our own Erie County Health Department and other state and local officials.
I want to inform you of other proactive steps we are taking:
- We are evaluating the shifts lost by late-night employees and finding times for them to make up the hours.
- We are supporting our employees in staying home from work if they are ill so they can get the proper rest to recover. Absentee policies have been suspended.
- We re-emphasized our existing sanitation policy including more frequent and proper handwashing using soap and water.
- We also re-emphasized our existing sanitation policy regarding proper glove use which includes changing gloves more frequently.
- We have informed managers and employees of respiratory etiquette. Posters have been provided in both English and Spanish.
- We informed our staff to increase the amount of times frequently touched surfaces are cleaned and sanitized, especially countertops, doorknobs and pop machines.
I sincerely thank you for your continued support and look forward to working together to confront this challenge. We are Buffalonians/Western New Yorkers! We will get through this!